Pheromone trap for Cherry Fruit Fly "Pherozzip"
- Brand: MKDS
- In a pack: 1 pc.
- Availability: 4
Pherozzip - pheromone trap for European Cherry Fruit Fly (Rhagoletis cerasi).
Rid your garden of this pest. Protect harvest without chemicals!
Safe for bees, humans and the environment. Valid for 4-6 weeks.
An effective remedy for protecting cherry trees from the fruit fly.
Unlike insecticides and pesticides, pheromones do not pollute the soil, but break down into harmless components under the influence of natural factors. This property allows them to be used at any stage of plant development (from early spring to fruiting).
A bait is placed in a trap with an adhesive surface - a dispenser.
The dispenser contains the female pheromone, which continuously evaporates into the surrounding space, attracting male cherry flies into the trap.
Sticky paper trap with special "undying" glue is purchased separately: "Yellow Magnet", "Blue Magnet" or "White Magnet".
It is advisable to hang pheromone traps in the garden at the beginning of flowering and use them during the entire growing season.
The traps should be attached to horizontally located branches of the outer part of the crown of the tree so that they are protected from direct sunlight, at a height of 1.5-2.5 meters from the ground.
The required number of traps is determined from the calculation: 1 trap per 1 fruit tree (if the tree is large, then 2-3 traps may be needed).
2-4 weeks after installing the trap, the dusty or insect-covered glue liner should be replaced with a new one.
It is recommended to replace the trap with a new one 4-6 weeks after installing the trap.
* The pheromone of the female cherry fly does not attract other insects to the trap, since it is aimed specifically at attracting males of its particular species.
* The use of insect pheromones is allowed for widespread use in amateur and industrial gardening, since they do not pollute the environment and are safe for people and animals.
* One of the difficulties in controlling the cherry fly is that it lays eggs under the skin of the ripening fruit. The presence of larvae and the damage they cause are not obvious until the fruit is opened.
The powerful reproductive ability of this pest is another factor that makes it difficult to combat it. Adults overwinter as imago-pupae. Once they get out of this stage, it takes only 5-7 days for females to become sexually mature, after which they begin to lay 50 to 300 eggs each. The incubation period of the eggs in "its owner" is 3-10 days. After that, the imago-larvae feed on the pulp of the berry for 17-22 days - this time is enough for destructive work.
After the stage of active feeding, the larvae drop out of the fetus to the ground in order to pupate and give life to the next generation.
* This pheromone trap works against cherry flies when they are already in adulthood.
Objective: to catch them before they can lay eggs.
* The bait is valid for 30-45 days. If by this time the trap is covered with insects or debris, then transfer the bait dispenser with pheromone to a fresh glue trap.
When the bait reaches the end of its life and the season is in full swing, replace the bait and sticky trap with new ones.