Gherkin "Motiva" F1.
This is an autogamous hybrid kind. It can be grown outside and in a greenhouse. The kind is resistant to cucumber mosaic virus, mildew, cladosporium. An early kind. The fruit is small, dark-green, rarely covered in lumps. Should be picked every day, the picked fruit does not lose it s commercial appearance. Can be pickled or marinated. 1,0 g contains around 40 seeds.
Eng.: Cucumber. Sven.: Gurka. Suom.: Kurkku. Bot.: Cucumis sativus L.
* Cucumbers in red currant juice.
Ingredients: 1 kg of cucumbers (based on a two-liter jar), 0.5 liters of water, 0.5 liters of red currant juice, 1.5 tbsp. l. salt (40 g) for small cucumbers or 2 tbsp. l. (50 g) - for large ones, 1 teaspoon of sugar, spices - to taste.
1. Rinse cucumbers (preferably small ones), pour boiling water over them, put them in jars, layering them with spices.
2. Pour boiling water over, cover and hold for 3-5 minutes.
3. Pour half of the water, pour the second into a saucepan, add red currant juice, salt, sugar, bring to a boil and pour over the cucumbers.
4. Roll up the jars, turn on the lid and cool slowly under a blanket. Store in a cool place.
Vinegar is not used in this recipe at all, and the cucumbers become pink and taste great!
* Cucumbers in tomato juice.
Ingredients: 1 kg of cucumbers (based on a two-liter or two-liter cans), 1 kg of red tomatoes (or 1 liter of tomato juice), 1 tbsp. l. with a small top of salt, 1 tablespoon of sugar, 1 tablet of aspirin, citric acid on the tip of a knife, tarragon (tarragon), garlic, dill, parsley, black currant leaf, cherry leaf.
Everything is to your taste.
1. Blanch the cucumbers and spices.
2. Put seasoning on the bottom of the jar, then cucumbers tightly.
3. Prepare tomato dressing, pour boiling water over the tomatoes, drain the water, remove the skin, mince it, add salt and sugar and cook for 15-20 minutes.
4. Pour boiling tomato dressing over the cucumbers, add aspirin and citric acid, roll up and cool under a blanket without turning the jars. Store in a cool place.
No vinegar is used in this recipe!
Tomato dressing gives the cucumbers a delicate, pleasant and special taste!