Green pea "Eddy"
- Brand: Franchi
- In a pack: 200,0 g
- Availability: In Stock
Wrinkled pea "Eddy" - Pisum sativum L.
Mid late variety with wrinkled seed. Plant about 75 cm tall with straight, intense green pods about 11-12 cm long, containing 9-11 sweet wrinkled peas. Excellent production which ia recommended for sowing in both autumn and spring. Resistant to oidio.
* To keep the peas green during cooking, they are boiled in a large amount of water with the addition of 1 tsp. tablespoons of baking soda in 1 liter of water.
* For green peas to boil quickly, they must be cooked without salt.
* In order for the peas to retain their color during cooking, you need to add a little granulated sugar.
* Liquid from under canned green peas is used for cooking soups, etc., since it contains the same amount of vitamins and minerals as the peas themselves.
* If you want to make mashed potatoes from boiled peas, wipe or stir it hot, not letting cool, then the mashed potatoes will turn out to be homogeneous, without lumps.
* Pea pods will retain their color better if boiled in plenty of water.
* Heat canned green peas together with the broth, and then drain the broth.
* Throw freshly frozen green peas into boiling water without defrosting beforehand - this way it tastes better, and more vitamins will be preserved.
* Peas are cooked for an hour and a half. Pour it over with cold (not hot, like other vegetables) water and cook over low heat, covering with a lid.
* If the peas are old, have been lying for a long time, soak them first.
* When boiling peas, it is not recommended to add cold water to the pan - it will not taste good.
Eng.: Green pea. Suom.: Ydinherne. Sven.: Märgärt.