Dahlia "Semi-complete mix"
This is a collection of the most beautiful short varieties of annual dahlias with abundant inflorescences in a wide range of beautiful, rich colors. Plants 40-50 cm high, decorative due to rather large oval leaves spread widely on the lower shoots, and flower baskets that individually develop on the tops of the stems. Each inflorescence consists of several turns of stately petals, slightly curled inward. Mixture with shades of yellow, orange, pink and red, as well as white.
* A flower bed for decorating the garden at the end of summer.
The flower garden consists of three parts, two of which are planned in the same way. The selection of plants in the third part is completely different, and the center of the whole composition is a decorative flowerpot, decorated with elegant ivy shoots. The tall flower stalks of late gladioli towering in the background will become a wonderful background for it. Their bright bloom is picked up by sunny marigolds and multi-colored spots of purslane. The center of the one-sided pieces is the bright orange dahlias. Their sharp contrast with the multi-colored annual asters is muffled by undersized astilbe, as well as autumn crocus and sweet alyssum, planted along the edge and forming a double border.
Specification of plants:
1. Common ivy (Hedera helix)
2. Dahlia (Dahlia variabilis)
3. Astilbe arendsii
4. Aster annual (Aster chinensis)
5. Autumn crocus (Colchicum autumnale)
6. Sweet alyssum (Lobularia maritima)
7. Large-flowered purslane, moss rose (Portulaca grandiflora)
8. Low-growing marigolds (Tagetes patula nana)
Suom.: Daalia. Sven.: Dahlia.